Dr. Atif Maskoor (Managing Director – SPCAI) and Mr. Anwar Amjad ( Advisor IT – PAF-IAST) visited KPITB on 16th August 2021. Following points were discussed in the meeting chaired by Dr. Sahibzada Ali Mahmud (Managing Director- KPITB):
1. Clustering of Digital City, NRTC, PAF-IAST ITP, and Kahal Dam into one STZ is principally agreed and supported by MD KPITB. However, he will discuss the concept and seek the consent of Minister Mr. Atif Khan and the Secretary.
2. MD KPITB inquired about the acquisition status of Kahal Dam and the plans for construction there since there is some condition of STZA.
3. An umbrella MoU may be signed between PAF-IAST and KPITB for various ventures and activities which could be of interest and/ or relevance to PAF-IAST.
4. A tripartite MoU may be signed between KPITB, PSEB, and PAF-IAST towards setting up a facility operated by PSEB at the PAF-IAST Innovation Technology Park.
5. PAF-IAST may also be considered for providing Trainers/Trainings under the projects being approved by Government for merged areas.
6. MD KPITB will also be referring PAF-IAST’s call for Incubation Service Provider to some potential companies doing good in this domain.
7. MD KPITB recommended to give some consideration and focus to Quantum Computing on similar grounds as AI and Nanotechnology Centers are being given. This area could turn out to be the next Industrial revolution after Industry4.0