Can things talk? Yes, it is possible now due to technological advancement in sensors and processing units. Conceptually, the Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of devices where an IoT unit is installed on physical objects. Typically, an IoT device has a sensor, a data storage unit, a processing unit, a communication unit, and battery power. Having sensing, processing, and communication abilities, an IoT device can work autonomously to collect data from its surroundings and develop a network of physical objects. Forbes predicts the Internet Of Things (IoT) market to grow at $520B in estimate by 2021, twice the $235B spent in 2017. The continuous evolution of IoT technology and its commercialization has an impact on society and the market is open for new product ideas and their commercialization.
To fill the gap between public services, research vision, and industrial requirements, we at IoT lab in SPCAI focuses on applied research and developing novel IoT products along with providing cutting edge solutions to industrial problems. Our team has a vision and is ready to take challenges to implement that vision in the IoT domain.
Aims & Objectives
- Imagination to reality, convert ideas to products using IoT.
- Commercialization of IoT prototypes.
- Finding IoT related use cases attractive for Pakistani society
- Involving industrial partners in the process to develop minimum viable products
- Listening from academia, developing effective collaborations in the academic circle
- Supporting students and young researchers to bring ideas and implement prototypes
- Applied machine learning for IoT
- Multivariate time series data analysis
- One class classification in IoT data
- Concept drift in IoT data
- Edge computing
- Wearable computing
- Predictive maintenance
- Optimizing IoT network operations
- IoT in cloud computing
- IoT and localization
- Smart environment solutions:
- Smart cities
- Smart agriculture
- Smart health
- Smart homes
- Processing boards (Arduino, Raspberry pi, NodeMCU)
- Sensors (Temperature, Humidity, Weight Sensor,
- Audio devices
- Edge and gateway devices
- Data storage